Aeronautica Militare's Black Friday Safety Tips To Shop By
Black Friday, since its inception locally in 2012, has grown into a global phenomenon. Here at Aeronautica Militare, we are no exception. We offer our valued clients a chance to adorn themselves in aviation-inspired apparel, footwear and accessories at phenomenal prices! While the excitement leading up to Black Friday can be palpable, it's crucial to be safety-conscious both in-store and online.
In this blog post, we'll give you a little more than you bargained for regarding Black Friday — safety tips for online and in-store shopping!
Safety Tips for Black Friday Shopping:
- Plan Ahead: Failing to plan is planning to fail. Before heading out for retail therapy this Black Friday, create a shopping plan or list of items you want to purchase with a set budget. This pre-planning will help you avoid impulse spending while ensuring time is utilised correctly.
- Shop in Groups: We all know there's safety in numbers, and shopping is no exception. Make it a point to shop with family members or a group of friends. Not only does this deter potential thieves, but it also fosters camaraderie, giving you the perfect opportunity to bond over your love of shopping.
- Stay Alert: On a regular day, stores can get crowded, but on a Black Friday, those crowds can get exponentially larger, making it easier to get distracted. Staying alert and vigilant of your surroundings is crucial to your safety and financial well-being. Always make sure that your belongings, such as purses, smartphones, and wallets, are secure and be sure to report suspicious lurking behaviour to mall security or law enforcement.
- Online Shopping Safety: While Black Friday deals can be purchased in-store, many will be available to buy online. Prioritise your digital safety by avoiding downloading attachments from unknown sources and clicking on suspicious links and by only shopping on legitimate websites like https://aeronauticamilitaresa.co.za/.
- Protect Your Personal Information: Be cautious when making online purchases, and be careful with the information you share online. Check for secure connections and always stick to reputable websites (secure websites and connections will have "https://" and a padlock icon in the address bar). Never share your payment information over text or email, and avoid giving out personal data unnecessarily.
- Make Payments With Debit/Credit Cards: Use your credit card, debit card and verified Direct Pay Online channels like Paygate or OZOW to make payments this Black Friday, as it is safer and can help you accumulate points and other rewards.
Online Scams to Watch Out For This Black Friday:
- Phishing Emails and Websites: Be cautious of unsolicited emails and always double-check website URLs for authenticity, as scammers often send phishing emails and create counterfeit websites specifically designed to entice you to click links or give out personal information.
- Too Good to Be True Deals: The rule of thumb is if a deal sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. Online scammers often lure unsuspecting shoppers with ridiculously low prices to steal personal information or money. Make it a point to thoroughly research retailers and read reviews before buying anything.
- Bogus Gift Cards and Vouchers: Another popular scam among online scammers is fake discount Black Friday vouchers and gift cards that are most likely already used or counterfeit. Be wary; this could leave you with compromised data and a sizeable hole in your bank account balance.
- Fake Social Media Ads and Contests: Online scammers are notorious for creating fake social media competitions and ads promising incredible discounts, prizes and free merchandise. Always verify the legitimacy of such offers by quickly searching the retailer's official website and verified social media accounts.
- Unsecure Payment Methods: Avoid using unverified payment methods that may compromise your financial information and stick to secure payment portals.
Black Friday can be a cost-effective and exciting shopping experience. Safety, however, should always take precedence. Make the most of your Black Friday shopping with Aero's safety tips!
Get social with us and follow our social media pages to stay abreast of Black Friday savings, competitions and promotions. Official communication about Black Friday deals at Aeronautica will be posted on our social media pages and our newsletter [email protected].
Until next time, “Aeroviduals, be careful of imitations; Aeronautica Militare is only sold at an Aeronautica Militare mono store, at John Craig or online.